Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Sunday, November 7, 2010

Does this look like a Valentine?

This week I am getting ready to go in for surgery on my leg. Those of you who know me know that I have struggled with this rod and bolts for a very long time and finally I am getting them out. It has been a tough emotional ride these past years and now hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, I have been trying to make myself some "kits" to put together while laid up in bed and I figured the Valentine ones would be a good cheery theme to work on. Sandy sent me this wonderful image (in multiples) and I had this lovely red paper in my stash which I punched to look like lace. It just said "LOVE" to me. What do you think?

3 comments:

Paula S. said...

Beautiful card and perfect for Valentine's wishes. Wishing you a speedy recovery too!

JustYolie said...

I hope your surgery goes well...and yes this card is perfect for Valentine's day! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. Great idea to make up some kits for yourself ahead of time. Hope everything goes well for you. Sharla