Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sketch Challenge #117

The OWH sketch challenge for this can be found here.  I am glad I tried this one.  It came together quicker than I thought it would at first.  The sentiment is from Paula (I love this one!) who has made some wonderful freebie digi's for us to use for our Heroes.  The sentiment is mounted on a snowflake that was cut on a Cricut.

6 comments:

Linda said...

I like the unusual useof the snowflake. Love Paula's digis! TFS!!!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

that is a favorite digi of mine also - I used her thank you digi for my card. the card looks wonderful

Barb Housner

JoAnn Ross said...

I wouldn't have even realized that was a snowflake until Linda commented on it and I looked again. (I need to look more carefully at my Cricut cartridges!) It's so lovely! And I especially love the sentiment!

Paula S. said...

Really clever way to tturn the snowflake into a frame. I am so glad that the digi's are still making their way on to such beautiful cards my fellow OWHers make. :)

Cindy's Card Co said...

Lynn, I actually printed one of these digi's but haven't done anything with it yet. I love the snowflake idea, very clever.

Julie said...

Great card, Lynn! I love that digi from Paula, too, and you used it to great effect here. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!