Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Monday, January 14, 2013

OWH Sketch #91

 
I'm pretty sure I have used this sketch before but when I was traveling this summer I had all but a very few supplies packed away.  Somehow I latched on to this sketch as one that was easy to cut and get bases all made up ahead and then could add embellishments and sentiments to later.  This is one of those bases.  I just loved the embossed flower/stars in this paper! 

 
The sentiment is a cardstock sticker from Carolee's Creations, the center stud is Michael's brand and has a bit of foamy underneath.  Got 2 of these done.

2 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

Beautiful! I like that trick with the ribbon too. Putting that on my list of things to try. Thanks, Lynn!

Ann said...

Beautiful, Lynn! I too, like the ribbon. I have done that with wide ribbon, but it never occurred to me to use 2 narrower ones, duh! That's the fabulous thing about seeing other talented cardmakers' creations!