Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Wednesday, February 20, 2013

OWH Design Bootcamp - Get To The Point


OWH Design Bootcamp for this month focuses on making the strong focal point.  I have to admit that sometimes my cards look a bit like a collage so this is a good exercise for me.  For this card I used OWH Sketch #156 and this lovely large sentiment from Stampabilities.

2 comments:

Cora said...

That ribbon is the perfect touch. I like your dot paper too, looks like shiny dots.

Paula S. said...

Hi Lynn! This turned out very nicely and by the careful placement of the sentiment, ribbon, embellishment you succeed in creating one strong focal point. The green framing layer is also terrific and works to 'hold it' all together. Lastly the tone-on-tone paper is a great choice because while it adds it dimension and interest it does so without creating any competition for the focal point. I guarantee whoever gets this will automatically run their fingers over those dots because just looking at it makes me want to do that! :)

Thanks for sharing this with everyone and for joining in the February Bootcamp!