Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Friday, May 3, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown


This week's throwdown is to make Thank You cards for our nation's Heroes to send home.  They often use them to thank organizations and individuals who are sending support and encouragement to them.  In continuing with my inspiration from sketch #170 from Sunday and trying to use up the Fleur de lis' I had already cut, this is a sample of the next stack I am making with various colors and patterns.  I love this deep purple velvet ribbon with the gold edging and the shiny texture of the blue.  These just looks and feels so yummy!

2 comments:

Diane said...

ohhhh- the purple and the blue together are gorgeous- very regal! Love the layout!

Donna Nuce said...

Oh-la-la! Very pretty card!