Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Friday, July 4, 2014

OWH 4th of July VCMP - Challenge #3


Wow!  Was this one ever a challenge for me!  It is hosted by Kelly and asked for a children's card with paper piecing.  Ok, let me see..... I rarely do children's cards (since OWH has so many wonderful card makers who do such an amazing job at it)........ I haven't stamped an image to be colored in 3 or 4 years..... AND I have NEVER done paper piecing.  EEEK!!  Oddly, it just so happens that I was supporting an LSS last week and DID buy this cute little Stampendous stamp.  So, after I stopped staring in panic I went for it and gave him a denim hat.  One of my favorite hats of recent years was a Harley Davidson denim hat.  And I do love baseball.  YAY!

4 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Lynn, Wow no one would ever know you haven't paper pieced before (I'm not good at it myself) because you did a phenomenal job. I love this House Mouse stamp anyway and you really brought it to life. Great paper and your coloring is equally as good at your piecing. This is a total winner. Enjoy the weekend.

Diane said...

I am impressed and inspired! Love his denim hat and good for you for trying something you have never tried before!

Unknown said...

Lynn this is perfect for a kid! You did an awesome job:) I just want to give him a great big yahoo! Thanks for joining us at a2zscrapbookingblog.com!

Elizabeth
a2z Scrapbooking DT

Dixie Cochran said...

This challenge was a little daunting for me too. You pulled it off perfectly! That’s a cute image.