Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Wednesday, July 9, 2014

OWH Midweek Throwdown - Any Hero Card


The Midweek Throwdown for this week can be found on the Stars & Stamps blog, here.  Continuing with the July patriotic themes I made this one with shiny stickers for maximum effectiveness of the word Hero.  I know this looks similar to another one I made recently but I had more of the circle flags and the star paper so I decided to NOT add to the scrap basket.  :)  Edit:  The circle flags were a 3-d border strip that I believe is K&Co, it was mixed in with other things in my patriotic supply bin.  I just cut off the number of circles I wanted for each card.  They really were nice since the stripes are all shiny like the Hero sticker letters.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Really like this card saw the first one too. I wanted to know who made the circle flag embellishments. I visit your blog often love your cards. I myself am new to card making and I am focusing on any hero cards. My first ones are going to the hero veterans at a local veterans home. Thanks

Unknown said...

Such a great card! Love the circles, I look for paper that naturally have circles! Great knob!

Jess said...

Great card! Love that you used up some scraps. I need to get better at that as my scrap basket is always overflowing.

Dixie Cochran said...

A perfect Hero card! It’s so cheerful!